- Opera del Duomo Museum
DescriptionThis tour takes you to two of the most famous and beautiful landmarks in Florence, the Baptistery and the museum of “Opera del Duomo.” Here, your licensed guide will explain the cultural history and significance of these buildings while you admire the breathtaking architecture.
The first destination is the Baptistery of San Giovanni, one of the most ancient churches in Florence. Here you can admire exquisite mosaics like "The Creation of Adam" and "The Last Judgment, as well as artworks of St. John the Baptist, including the stunning marble statue by Vincenzo Danti. On the exterior, you can see three intricate bronze doors, including the renowned "Gates of Paradise" by Lorenzo Ghiberti.
The second destination is the museum of Opera del Duomo which houses a vast collection of artworks created for the Cathedral Complex, including sculptures by artists like Donatello and Michelangelo.
Our licensed guides will ensure you have a fulfilling and memorable experience. With the same ticket used for the tour, you can visit the cathedral on your own and the Giotto Bell Tower (if option selected).
- - Guide for 1h and 30 minutes for Baptistery and Opera del Duomo Museum
- - Headsets (if necessary)
- - Tickets for the Baptistery and the Museum of Opera del Duomo (optional Bell Tower).
- - Tickets to enter the Duomo Cathedral.
- - Food and drinks
- - Guided visit of the Duomo Cathedral
- - Entrance and guided visit of Brunelleschi's Dome